The Director of Fundraising, Marketing, and Brand Partnerships will collaborate with the Executive Team and function as a key member of Bindlestiff’s management to raise the profile of and funding for the Bindlestiff Family Cirkus and its programs. The Director of Fundraising, Marketing, and Brand Partnerships will create, implement, and monitor an institutional fundraising and marketing strategy combining multiple revenue streams, including Government, Foundation, Individual Donor and Business Support.
We see a key untapped opportunity of growth in developing deeper relationships with community stakeholders, new donors, and brand partners to support a number of our program areas. This position will play a key role in the design and execution of donor and partnership programs. The Director of Fundraising, Marketing, and Brand Partnerships will also articulate an overall marketing strategy that emphasizes brand consistency across our various programs that address different groups of constituents, working in collaboration with the Executive Team and Digital Marketing Manager on direction and implementation. This position will report directly to the Executive Team. It is a part-time, hourly position with the potential for growth into a full time position as resources allow.
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Work with the Executive team and Board Finance Committee to identify and prioritize areas of financial need
- Engage Bindlestiff’s Board of Directors in a Fundraising Committee
- Create ambitious, yet realistic annual revenue goals across different funding streams to support Bindlestiff’s mission.
– Imagine, plan, and execute fundraising events that reflect Bindlestiff’s mission, vision, and values, such as galas and special events that raise the profile of the Cirkus and engage current and potential donors.
- Oversee fundraising tasks, team, and timelines. Create and implement mail and online solicitations and plan year-end giving strategy
- Manage Bindlestiff’s CRM database (LittleGreenlight) of individual, foundation and corporate donors, inputting data, assigning tasks, generating correspondence templates and reports with intermediate benchmarks and annual milestones defined.
- Oversee the preparation of high-quality and timely solicitations, acknowledgements, and any other communications required to support ongoing fundraising activities.
- Collaborating with Executive Team, Grant Writer, and program staff to ensure that all public-facing grant, sponsorship, and partnership proposals as well as interim and final reports are compelling, well-written, accurate, and conform to the Cirkus’ standards around branding and written communications.
- Ensure that copies of all applications, letters of inquiry, reports and supporting materials are filed in the Cirkus’ cloud-based storage system. (Google drive)
- Grow existing relationships with individual donors, foundation staff and government representatives, identify new prospects and initiate new relationships.
Marketing & Communications
- Develop and implement consistently branded fundraising and communications strategies that effectively promote the work of the Cirkus to a wide range of stakeholders, new and existing, through both printed and electronic media.
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager and Executive Team on content creation for Bindlestiff’s website and social media platforms.
- Ensure consistency in all external communications by coordinating yearly marketing strategy, plus event-specific and campaign-specific strategies and messaging with Executive staff and Digital Marketing Manager. Develop schedules and budgets, and adhere to deadlines.
- Lead the content development of all Bindlestiff marketing materials. Tailor written materials to inspire audiences using stories and program data. Collaborate with consultants/vendors on the design and production of these materials.
- Identify possible new friends or partners that share our values and work parallel with our mission. Initiate conversations and nurture ongoing relationships.
- Create, write, and edit press releases and content including public remarks, industry blogs, and letters to the editor, on behalf of Bindlestiff developments, events and programs, as well as an annual report. Respond promptly to press inquiries.
– Assist in the creation and production of an institutional Final Report
- Collaborate with colleagues across our sector and markets to identify new ways Bindlestiff can partner with businesses and other organizations to maximize mission-oriented impact and support for both designated programs and general Institutional support.
- Manage the conceptualization, development and maintenance of Bindlestiff’s marketing materials and collateral for designated programs and specific areas of support.
- Identify, initiate and maintain relationships with potential and existing partners.
- Ensure all B2B brand and marketing activity is aligned with established brand positioning and is consistently executed, while demonstrating a clear understanding of partner values and goals.
Skills and Qualifications
- A living commitment to equity, accessibility, and justice for all people
- Work / life / volunteer experience with values-aligned entities and initiatives
- A minimum of 5 years of professional Fundraising and Marketing experience with nonprofit performing arts organizations
– Strong event production and team management skills
- Genuine interest in circus and variety arts, and community arts education
- Knowledge of Bindlestiff Family Cirkus’ program areas and New York State / regional circus community is a plus
- Commitment to arts as a medium for social change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates the highest ethical standards at all times
- Ability to collaborate with staff across the organization as well as Bindlestiff’s Board of Directors.
- Energetic self-starter with an entrepreneurial bent.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently under deadline.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $35.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Self-determined schedule
- Weekend availability
To keep contact with potential partners, donors, and sponsors as safe as possible, we are handling in-person meetings or solicitations on a case-by-case basis.
- Not-for Profit fundraising: 5 years (Required)
- Marketing: 5 years (Required)
- Small Arts Organization: 5 years (Required)
- Performing arts Administration: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote and various sites in NY